Last modified: January 12th, 2024
Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre este aviso, puede traducirlo a su idioma nativo por su propia cuenta. Si tiene preguntas, envíenos un correo electrónico a info @ hailtrace dot com
English is the legal language of this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice is made part of and included into the Terms of Service located at www.hailtrace.com/terms-of-service
Thank you for accessing the website or application operated by Extreme Weather Predictions LLC d/b/a “HailTrace” (“HailTrace”,"we", "our", "us"). By visiting www.hailtrace.com or interacting with one of our Services (as defined in the Terms of Service), you are accepting this Privacy Notice.
What has changed?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience with our Services. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website, software applications, or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, fulfilling orders, customizing your returning visits to our site, improving or creating derivative or additional Services, and communication with you. Information you give us may include your business information and activity within your business.
- Information From Third-Party Vendors: We use and process information from third party vendors in order to provide our Services.
- Information From Public Sources: We gather and process information from public sources in order to provide our Services.
The data we collect may include:
- Personal and business information you provide to us
- Browser and device settings
- Terms you search in our website and Services
- Maps and pages you view and visit within our website and Services
- The purchases you make
- Uploads you provide
- Phone number
Handling of Personal and Sensitive User Data: Customer Phone Numbers
- Collection and Use: We collect phone numbers to enhance user experience and communication. This includes, but is not limited to, account verification, customer support, service updates, and offering personalized services.
- Consent: Users provide their phone numbers during account creation or profile updates. We obtain explicit consent for collecting and using this information for the stated purposes.
- Security: Phone numbers are stored securely and encrypted to prevent unauthorized access.
We process this information in connection with our Services and other business purposes as follows:
- Fulfillment of your requests or in connection with the performance of a contract.
- Provide, deliver, analyze, and administer our website(s) and Services (including in connection with the performance of a contract).
- Comply with your instructions or to fulfill other purposes you request or for which you provide consent.
- Process transactions related to our Services and administer accounts or profiles related to you or your organization (including registrations, subscriptions, purchases and payments).
- For internal research and development purposes for new content, products, and services, and to improve, test, and enhance the features and functions of our Services.
- Personalize and make recommendations related to our Services and other offerings.
- Contact and communicate with you in connection with our Services or other notifications, programs, events, or updates that you may have registered for.
- Send you offers, advertising, and marketing materials, including to provide personalized advertising to you.
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse, as well as to identify and authenticate your access to our Sites or to identify and authenticate you before we provide you with certain information.
- Exercise our rights and to protect our and others’ rights and/or property.
- Comply with the law and our legal obligations, including to respond to a request or order from a court, regulator, or authority, as well as to fulfill our contractual obligations with our customers when they arrange access to our Services for you.
- Effectuate the sale, merger, acquisition, or other disposition of our business.
- For any other purpose for which we have your consent or for our legitimate interests, including, without limitation, to support our business, internal analytics, and to improve our website, products and services.
Service and Marketing Messages
We may use your information to contact you about product and service offerings by email or otherwise. You have the right to opt-out of such messages. We may use your information to investigate, respond to and resolve legal, security or technical issues and complaints and as necessary for security purposes or to investigate possible fraud, or violations of law. We may use your information to contact you about these security, legal and other service-related issues. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving such messages from us.
We may use your personal information to provide you with notice regarding a security incident or data breach, by: (a) sending a message to the email address you provide (as applicable); (b) posting to a publicly facing page of our website; (c) through major statewide media; and/or (d) telephonic means, including calls and/or text messages, even if sent via automated means including automated dialers (standard text and data messaging rates may apply from your carrier). Notices sent by e-mail will be effective when we send the email, notices we provide by posting will be effective upon posting, and notices we provide through telephonic means will be effective when transmitted or dialed. You consent to receiving electronic communications from HailTrace relating to any security incident or data breach. It is your responsibility to keep your email address and any other contact information you provide to us current so that we may provide these communications to you.
Keeping / Deleting Your Information
We store the data we gather for varying time spans based on what it is, how we utilize it, our legal obligations and your preference settings:
- You may delete certain data, like your personal details, through the settings of your HailTrace account. You may also contact us at the email address above to request that we delete information concerning you. Please note that doing so may limit your ability to use certain functionality of the website and/or aspects of our services.
- We retain anonymized and/or aggregated data concerning your use of our Services even after you delete your HailTrace account or request personally-identifiable information be deleted. For instance, we retain details about how frequently you use our Services.
- For any deletion of information, we follow our deletion procedure to ensure that your data is thoroughly and securely eliminated from our servers or kept only in anonymized form. Due to this, there might be a time gap between when you delete something and when copies are erased from our active and backup systems. Please note that our deletion will not and cannot remove or erase information used, stored or shared by you with third parties while using our Services.
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of HailTrace except in the following cases:
- With your consent. If you give us permission, we will share personal information outside of HailTrace.
- With subsidiaries and affiliates. We may disclose information that we collect or you provide to our subsidiaries and affiliates for our respective, internal business purposes (including to improve all of our respective services). We also let subsidiaries and affiliates collect information from your device or web browser for ads and data collection using their own tracking tools.
- For external processing. We also disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to third party service providers that we use to support our business (such as the management of our data, maintenance, analysis, audit, fraud detection, communication and the like) and to process your requests. These service providers will have access to your information as reasonably necessary to perform tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for other purposes. These third parties may also use their own cookies and similar technologies to collect information to perform tasks on our behalf. We may also disclose aggregated non-personally identifiable information about our users, the use of the website as well as any data related to or in connection with the website that does not identify an individual, in each case without restriction.
- For legal reasons. It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (b) enforce our agreements with you; (c) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (d) protect the security or integrity of the website; (e) to exercise or protect the rights and safety of HailTrace and others; or (f) in connection with merger, acquisition or sale of our assets or similar business arrangement. We may attempt to notify you about legal demands for your personal data when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are unlawful, overbroad, vague, or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice may also change. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make and will try our best to never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective. Changes to this Privacy Notice take effect 30 days after we post it or its changes to our website.
HailTrace strives to build all its products with features designed to keep your data safe.
Here are some of the ways we protect your data:
- We encrypt your data in-transit to your device using industry standard tools such as SSL.
- We encrypt sensitive data at-rest in our data-centers.
- We regularly check how we gather, store, and use information, including our physical safety steps, to keep our systems safe from unwanted access.
- We limit the access to personal information to HailTrace employees, contractors, and representatives who require it to handle the information. All those who have this access are bound by stringent contractual secrecy and confidentiality responsibilities. Non-compliance can lead to disciplinary actions or even termination of their contracts.
- We partner with PCI-certified vendors to process your payment information.
Please keep in mind that our websites and mobile applications may contain links to other websites or apps. We do not control these third parties’ privacy practices or tracking technologies. If you have any questions about targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. You are responsible for reviewing the privacy statements and policies of those other websites you choose to link to or from our website, so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and store your information. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the privacy statements, policies or content of third parties, including websites you link to or from our website or the accuracy of any materials provided by third party websites.
We do not collect personal information from any person we know is under the age of 18 without the consent of the parent or legal guardian of that minor. A parent or guardian may consent to the use of the website by a minor, whose parent or guardian is solely responsible for providing supervision of the minor’s use of the website and assumes full responsibility for the interpretation and use of any information or suggestions provided through the website. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at the email located near the top of this agreement. If we learn and have confirmation we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.